Fort Wayne Regional Maker Faire 2013 – Call for Makers is Now Open
The Fort Wayne Regional Maker Faire – Powered by TekVenture is now accepting Maker entries for the 2013 Faire set for Saturday and Sunday, September 14 & 15, at Headwaters Park East – Lincoln Pavilion, Fort Wayne, Indiana. We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!
There is no cost to exhibit at the Faire, unless you have creations you will sell to the public. If so, you are considered a Commercial Maker and will be charged a $100 fee to participate.
Companies of three or more persons who want to sell to the public are considered Vendors and will be charged $250.
Deadline for entries: August 9. Please enter as early as you can so we can hold a space for you. Notification of acceptance will be on a rolling basis. Participation is not guaranteed. The sooner you sign up, the sooner we can add you to the program and start showing your pictures for publicity.
What we are looking for
- Robotics, CNC
- Green Tech (energy production/monitoring, electric vehicles, etc)
- Recycled or upcycled projects
- DIY Science
- Participatory activities (e.g., participatory activities such as silk screening or last year’s learn to solder, “Make and Takes” where guests walk away with something they’ve made)
- Student projects
- Unusual tools, machines, techniques
- Whimsical technical creations
- Unusual Craft projects or techniques
- Use of old and new technologies
- Fixing and/or taking things apart
- Cool bicycles of any kind
- Art Cars
- Bands to play on the entertainment stage
- Entries for “The Race” and the PPPRS (modified kids electric ride-on vehicle races)
Visitors want to learn something, so just as important as your presence is what will you be doing in your exhibit. Making something in your space is ideal. At minimum try to include some hands-on interactive or at the least be prepared to explain how you did what you did.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the on-line Call for Makers that tells about your activity or exhibit. We’ll ask for a description that we can publish, a representative photo we can publish, and contact information for the public to use (websites, email). We know this form can seem complicated. Once you participate in Maker Faire, you’ll know why we had to ask so many questions. Our goal is to make this a great experience for everyone.
The Call for Makers is an application. Once you submit your completed Call for Makers, you will receive a confirmation by email. We will confirm acceptance to participate at a later date.
Review the Maker Manual from the 2012 Fort Wayne Regional Maker Faire. This contains a wealth of information and will give you a better idea of what types of activities and exhibits will work well. The 2013 Maker Manual is coming soon.
Other ways to participate
Volunteers: We really appreciate volunteers! If you are interested in helping out, please sign up to help out!
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Faire!