We are so excited that the 5th Fort Wayne Regional Maker Faire – Powered by TekVenture is just around the corner – Saturday and Sunday, August 8 & 9, 2015, at Headwaters Park East – Lincoln Pavilion, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
A reminder the event is early this year so we’re hoping for hot beautiful days to celebrate Makers and the cool projects being made in basements, garages and backyards all over Northeast Indiana. Call for Makers registration.
If your exhibit requires a 2015-fire-safety-plan, please download, complete and submit to email@example.com for pre-event approval.
All Registered Makers, please review the 2015 Maker Manual for general event input. All Makers must read and sign a Maker Participation Agreement to participate in the event.
Maker Participation Agreement (also the last page of the Maker Manual.)
It’s free to show off your work at Maker Faire and Commercial Makers (those with 1 or 2 employees) can sell to the public for just $100. If your project isn’t finished, even better, bring it to the Faire and work on it there. We guarantee you’ll have learned something from someone and hopefully your project will be even better.
Vendors (those with 3 or more employees) are charged $250 as they are considered to be a thriving business.
Ideas for the Faire:
- Kinetic or static sculpture
- CNC projects
- Green Tech (energy production/monitoring, electric vehicles, etc)
- Recycled or upcycled projects
- DIY Science
- Participatory activities (e.g., participatory activities such as silk screening or last year’s learn to solder, “Make and Takes” where guests walk away with something they’ve made)
- Student projects
- Unusual tools, machines, techniques
- Whimsical technical creations
- Unusual Craft projects or techniques
- Craft materials and dodads for trading at the Swatch-O-Rama free trading post
- Use of old and new technologies
- Fixing and/or taking things apart
- Cool bicycles of any kind
- Art Cars
- Bands to play on the entertainment stage
- Entries for the Power Racing Series (modified kids electric ride-on vehicle races)